LMS Princess Coronation Class Gas Fired Ceramic Burner
The Iconic Streamliner Brought to Life in 1/22.6 scale
Bowande has excelled itself in the production of this outstanding four-cylinder model. The attention to detail, the great skill shown in producing the opening smokebox doors along with the folding cabin doors just add to the excellence of this model.
‘LMS Princess Coronation Class’ were some of the greatest locomotives to run on British rails. Introduced in 1937 the first five engines were built to pull the new Coronation Scot train in honour of the coronation of King George VI and Queen Elizabeth. It was a time of empire, and a rebuilding of national confidence.
- Dimensions: (LxWxH) 1020mm x 130mm x 180mm
- Weight: 17kg
- Silver-soldered multi flue type copper boiler
- Fuel ceramic burner, butane gas
- Four cylinders with the inside cylinders controlled by rocking levers.
- Cylinders are fitted with automatics water release valves
- Stainless steel motion work
- Etched brass construction
- Axle pump and hand pump sprung axles
- The exquisite precision of the opening and closing streamlined doors of the smoke box.
- The smoke box doors open prototypically.
- The concertina, folding doors of the cabin door